Growers: Are you looking for a tool that offers the potential to boost your revenue, streamline your process and enhance your efficiency? It may be time to abandon the fractional and manual systems of the past and embrace a more comprehensive approach through the use of produce software.
Read on to learn more about what produce software can do for your growing operation.
What Does Produce Software Do In A Food Production Operation?
How are you managing your produce-growing operation? Your answer to that question will inform the potential benefit you can gain from employing comprehensive produce software for your rapidly growing food production business.
Beyond the convenience and efficiency that this method of organization provides, there are plenty of other benefits that you can expect.These include:
1. Reduced overall cost
Having a produce software housed in the cloud or on-premises can save you thousands of dollars per month. Costs that would otherwise be going to inefficient, fractional systems and lost team member time can be recovered thanks to the agility and productivity that this comprehensive software can bring to your pipeline. Additionally, you’ll have the opportunity to enhance your potential revenue growth and the lifetime of your customers as you respond effectively and professionally to inquiries and needs—courtesy of your centralized ERP system.
2. Effective reporting
Key reports pertaining to your production rate (i.e. crop acreage reporting, wastage and financial tracking) are essential to your business’s overall function. Having a single source of truth that your team and stakeholders can refer to can be helpful, especially during types of dynamic change or growth. Beyond adding a more comprehensive and user-friendly touch to your team’s overall work experience, you can also expect greater levels of efficiency in both production and reference.
Your team will be able to optimize your produce business processes without referencing or searching for ineffective “paper copies” of key documents and reports, which may or may not accurately reflect the production rate of your current business stage.
Additionally, you can also fully automate your reporting process in just a few minutes with a standard ERP system. This can save you hours of manual labor and fact-checking on the back end, while giving you the most up-to-date and accurate information possible—all conveniently housed in a single, sleek report for your use.
3. Optimized finance management tools
Finance management is essential to the sustainable growth and success of your produce business. Understanding where high-quality produce software can fit into your operational scheme can save you thousands of dollars on labor and unnecessary administrative hires.
Beyond your basic financial reporting and analysis, you can also expect several other financial benefits of an ERP system for produce businesses, including:
- Elimination of “silos.” Key elements of your business, such as finance, operational management, and your micro supply chain affect all areas of your business. However, tools used to manage these essential factors often don’t reflect that. A quality food ERP can work to remove this “silo” style of management, bringing these singular elements together in a way that’s effective and impactful.
- Enhanced business intelligence. Humans make mistakes, and sometimes, these errors can be costly. A produce ERP software can allow you to mitigate the risks of devastating mistakes and give you a leg up on critical financial tasks, such as business intelligence and analysis across your financial spectrum of need.
- Automation support. Your financial department doesn’t need to rely exclusively on manual team labor and support. An ERP system can empower your team to automate the replicable and repetitive tasks, putting time and team resources back into your business.
- Centralized management: From cost accounting to seamless payroll integration, all financial tasks can be conveniently housed under a single central solution. It’s the future of administrative management.
4. Transportation management system (TMS)
Getting your product from farm to merchants is essential. However, many transport management systems that you can purchase on a standalone basis are outdated or limited, which can significantly impact your ability to deliver for your customers.
A quality produce software solution (such as Inecta’s ERP) integrates these two elements of business success for maximum efficiency, giving you complete transparency and control over routes, the efficiency of your logistical side of the business, and quality of experience for both drivers and consumers or retailers.
Inecta Leads The Industry: Quality Produce Software You Can Trust
Looking for a way to take your business to the next level? The team at Inecta is here to help. Our industry experts have assembled the most comprehensive and user-friendly product software ERP solution available to growers like you, that can be adapted to suit the needs of your business at any stage.
We’ve also had the privilege to partner with Microsoft as one of their Gold Certified Partners, empowering us to offer you industry-leading service, accessibility, and support at no extra cost.
Ready to see what Inecta can do for you? Connect with us today to speak directly to an expert. We look forward to serving you!