Over the years as the world population was increasing the only thing which gained significant importance was food production and this was achieved through usage of chemicals, pesticides, preservatives etc. But over a period of time people have now realized the importance of organic food as a means of living a healthy life. The term “organic” here refers to the process of how certain foods are produced. Organic foods are grown or cultivated without the use of chemicals, artificial hormones and GMOs (Genetically Modified Organisms). In order for a food product to be identified as organic it has to be free from any artificial food additives such as artificial sweeteners, preservatives, coloring, flavoring and MSG (Monosodium Glutamate).
In recent years the market for organic food products has seen a drastic surge and further studies show us that the global organic food market is expected to grow from $201.77 billion in 2020 to $221.31 billion in 2021 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.7% and is expected to reach a valuation of $380.84 billion in 2025 at a growth rate of 14.5%. To keep up with the growing organic food market the organic food manufacturers, processors and growers require the help of food manufacturing software such as food manufacturing ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) to help them increase their production capacity in order to meet the rising demand.
To reach the paramount capacity of production is a very mighty task. As a reason of why even the best organic food product manufacturers or processors, even with immense experience and knowledge are not able to do it as they face an array of challenges. Some of which are as follows:
- Material Requirement or Inventory Planning
- Managing Demand
- Work in Progress Tracking
- Quality Analysis and Control
- Warehouse Management
Food ERP software for the organic food product industry is the only solution for organic food growers or producers to cope with these challenges. Using food manufacturing ERP will dramatically increase the organic food produce as it brings the following benefits to the table:
- Food ERP provides the organic food product manufactures or processors with inventory and accounting techniques which in turn help to minimize the spoilage of product. As we know organic food products have a very short life. In other words, they are way more perishable in nature as compared to non-organic food products as manufactures don’t use any chemicals, preservatives, and any other artificial food additives to increase their shelf life.
- Food Manufacturing ERP/Software is a versatile ERP/Software which is very useful for Manufacturing Industries as such. Food Manufacturing ERP is designed to cater the requirements of any manufacturing industry. It starts from Production planning, Gantt Chart, Purchasing, Indent, Multi Approval Process, Smart Pop ups, Inventory control, Storage, Dispatch and Transportation in other words it covers the whole process.
- Food manufacturing software eliminates the use of paper-based food safety measures. On the other hand, it actually combines all the information or data which is captured and then monitors the same which in turn helps with better understanding of the quality required. So that same can be produced by the organic food manufacturers or processors.
- Efficiency at each stage of production is the key to the smooth working of a warehouse. As the warehouse management system provides you with significant data to help in the decision-making process, so that all the resources can be completely utilized in the workflow. As in such a warehouse apart from machinery a significant amount of manpower is also needed. But sometimes without proper management the manufacturer is not able full advantage of such a manpower and therefore incurring unnecessary expenses.
A classic example of a Food ERP service provider providing capabilities of increasing Organic food production is iNECTA. A Microsoft gold certified partner, iNECTA brings to the table Spring Season Produce management as an offering for the agriculturists, it serves via food ERP.
Every day of the year, operational efficiency is the name of the game. Moreover, with the changing trends organic food manufacturers need to level up their production capacity and grab this opportunity and this is only possible if they inculcate the advantages being brought to them by using food ERP. However, with food ERP organic food manufacturers can ensure that the supply chain is working effectively and efficiently and that the same is always accounted for. Hence in the game of capturing market in the organic food produce ERP has emerged as the only way manufacturers or processors can make the best of this opportunity.