New for 2019 is the acceleration of the Independent Software Vendor eco-system, which is considered to be an important component for customers who seek vertical or horizontal solutions for BC. This system will serve to transition even more customers to the cloud version of BC. With this in mind, Microsoft has spelled out the development pillars that make up the second significant update to BC in 2019.
- Service fundamentals: Microsoft’s unending commitment to performance, reliability, supportability and security.
- Modern client: Wave 2 commits itself to ubiquity in most browsers. Whether it’s through the Windows 10 desktop app, mobile apps on both Android and iOS, or in Microsoft Outlook, speed and productivity features have been improved across the board for customers who expect efficiency regardless of the browser they are accessing BC in. However, this update does not include Dynamics NAV clients.
- Modern developer tools: New for the wave 2 release is the modernization of developer tools. The modern developer experience is heavily influenced by Visual Studio Code with Azure DevOps, and an AL language. These introductions promote customizations through extensions.
- Empower ISV acceleration: As we previously mentioned, the second wave of updates for 2019 includes a simplification for ISV development for new solutions. More specifically, the updated features serve to streamline the migration from the source code customization model of NAV to BC.
- Customer migration tools: After enabling Dynamics NAV ISVs to bring their solutions to Business Central online, the next step is simplifying the journey for existing Dynamics SMB customers coming from Dynamics NAV, Dynamics GP, or Dynamics SL to migrate from their current on-premises solutions to Business Central online.
According to Microsoft, limited extension to the BC online localizations is set for a 2019 release wave 2, with additional partner developed localizations also set to be added later in the year. We are excited to unveil these feature updates as they are made available to us at iNECTA. Improving Business Central means accommodating more customers overall, and that is of paramount importance to iNECTA.
To contact us for more information on transitioning from GP/SL/NAV you can email email@example.com or call us at 800.632.0573.